Tesco Grange over Sands

 

This project involved the creation of a Tesco Express store and retail unit on the site of the former National school, which was built in 1864 by the National Society for Promoting Religious Education to provide education to the children of the poor. The school was enlarged 1884 and remained open until a new school was opened in 1970. The building was later used as a Royal British Legion club. The works included:
  • The partial demolition to the side and rear of the existing premises

  • Construction of extensions to the side and rear.

  • Underpinning to foundations

  • Structural alterations undertaken to create the open spaces required

  • Construction of new masonry walls to roof plate level

  • Construction of new concrete floor slab

  • Installation of beam and block flooring

  • Extension works to the additional retail unit

  • Construction of new pitched roof structure to the additional retail unit

  • Piecing in all redundant window / door openings to the additional retail unit

  • Installation of new window to extension for additional retail unit

  • Forming new door opening to ATM room

  • Construction of new walls in blockwork to form cash office / ATM room

  • Reduced floor level dig for chiller

  • Electrical and mechanical works

  • Decoration

  • New floor finishes

  • Sanitary ware to toilets

  • Installation of new retail entrance door

  • Installation of new MOE and ATM room doors

  • Installation of wall mounted AC units

  • External signage

  • Construction of new Plant Room

  • External ground works, forming new steps and make good to concrete landing

  • Alterations to external drains and installation of new man holes / access chambers

  • Laying wearing course to car park and back of house, service yard

  • Installation of new section of handrail

  • Installation of fencing and goods gate

  • Installation of new Bike racks

  • Store fitout to Tesco Express specifications